As Gov. Jerry Brown prepares to sign another climate change agreement with “government leaders from around the world,” as his office announced, remember the recent agreement Brown got into with the scandalized Oregon Gov. Kitzhaber. “In October 2013, California Gov. Jerry Brown, together with the Governors of Oregon and Washington and the British Columbia Premier, signed the Pacific Coast Action Plan on Climate and Energy, “to align climate change policies and promote clean energy,’” I wrote in February.
The Pacific Coast Collaborative links with the West Coast Infrastructure Exchange (WCX), a compact between California, Oregon, Washington and British Columbia, formed in 2013 to promote “the type of new thinking necessary to solve the West Coast’s infrastructure crisis.” And the WCX is linked to the Clinton Foundation’s Clinton Global Initiative. And the entire scheme was intricately involved with hedge fund billionaire Tom Steyer. Steyer has said he’s willing to “spend what it takes” to implement climate change policies that are already driving up California’s gas prices –by some estimates of at least 15 cents a gallon. Steyer, a well-known environmental extremist, even wants to penalize people who contribute to global warming.
While the liberal mainstream media twists itself into a pretzel to avoid reporting much on actual news, life in California under Democrat Party rule is a real downer. California’s Governor Jerry Brown is a Democrat. All of the state’s Constitutional officers are Democrats. And the California Legislature is dominated by Democrats. The rule of law has been largely abandoned by the state’s Democrats. Consequently, the ‘anything goes’ attitude in the Legislature — legal or not — is how they roll.
While I’d rather talk about the 50 shades of blond I am more familiar with, here is a rundown of life in California under the 50 Shades of Brown:
- Gov. Jerry Brown announced a first-ever 25 percent reduction in state water usage. This symbolic gesture is offensive, since various California water and storage projects were all cancelled by Brown in his first terms as governor. “The idea of your nice little green grass getting water every day, that’s going to be a thing of the past,” Brown said. More recently, Brown has looked the other way as several million acre feet of stored water has been released from reservoirs straight to the ocean to assist migrating fish and scenic river restoration.
- The Democrat Party-controlled Legislature is trying to pass another no-exemption, mandatory vaccination bill for all school children (SB 277), as well as a mandatory vaccination bill for adults (SB 792).
- The Legislature is trying to pass, SB 128, an assisted suicide bill. Opponents of assisted dying warn that significant numbers of seriously ill people, as well as the disabled, the mentally ill, and even those who are depressed, could end up being swept up in the new law, prioritizing cost effectiveness, over higher costs of ongoing care.
- A California law signed by Jerry Brown ordered transgender bathrooms in the state’s K-12 public schools, for children to self-select whether they feel female or male, not whether they are anatomically female or male.
- The Legislature passed AB 109 ordering convicted criminals out of prisons and jails, ostensibly to reduce the overflowing prison population. The voters passed a George Soros funded ballot initiative furthering AB 109, as well as decriminalizing nearly all drug crimes, and making nearly all theft crimes, misdemeanors.
- Now the Legislature is trying to pass a bill to prevent Grand Juries from investigating and issuing indictments on police shootings.
- Gov. Jerry Brown has signed numerous gun control bills, all passed by the Legislature, including AB711 which bans hunting with lead bullets.
- Covered California, the “model” Obamacare state exchange is losing customers, has run amok with internal corruption, and is just plain failing.
- Thanks to this Legislature and governor, the state’s illegal aliensenjoy free education… financial aid… student loans… low-cost auto insurance… free health care… free legal aid… welfare… all things that legal residents have to pay for. Now, State Sen. Ricardo Lara, D-Los Angeles, is proposing health coverage for illegal aliens in California.
Californians are being heavily taxed on scientifically unfounded climate change policies. The California Air Resources Board based its policies on the bogus argument that diesel particulate matter and/or PM2.5, results in increased mortality risks for California citizens. UCLA Professor Dr. James Enstrom found no relationship between PM2.5 (particulate matter) and total mortality in California, and even exposed the fraudulent credentials of Hien T. Tran, the CARB scientist and lead author of the October 24, 2008 CARB report on PM2.5 and premature death. Yet the unelected, unaccountable appointed members of the Air Resources Board went ahead with their plan and are taxing the air we breathe, the water we drink, the land we live on, the cars and trucks we drive, heating and cooling systems, the electricity and home heating fuels we use, and our transportation fuels. Gov. Jerry Brown has allowed this to continue, and says climate change is the most important issue today.
- Gov. Jerry Brown has relentlessly pushed his High Speed Rail train project that has no reasonable purpose, nor does it have any budgetary limits. He is sustaining this high speed joke with money from the CARB’s cap and trade scheme, extracted from California businesses taxed because they are deemed “polluters” by the Air Resources Board. Cap and Trade is a tax, passed illegally by a state agency, and not the Legislature.
- In October 2013, California Gov. Jerry Brown, together with the Governors of Oregon and Washington and the British Columbia Premier, signed the Pacific Coast Action Plan on Climate and Energy, “to align climate change policies and promote clean energy.” The Pacific Coast Collaborative links with the West Coast Infrastructure Exchange (WCX), a compact between California, Oregon, Washington and British Columbia, formed in 2013 to promote “the type of new thinking necessary to solve the West Coast’s infrastructure crisis.” And the WCX is linked to the Clinton Foundation’s Clinton Global Initiative. “California isn’t waiting for the rest of the world before it takes action on climate change,” said Gov. Brown. “Today, California, Oregon, Washington and British Columbia are all joining together to reduce greenhouse gases.” The plan revealed high level appointees in the California governor’s office, other “engaged governors,” and the White House, engrossed in a scheme to define “a nationally coordinated, multi-year states strategy’ focused on driving outcomes contemplated by the President’s climate action plan, 111d, resilient infrastructure and international treaty objectives at scale.”
- In California, we were graced recently with a set of scandals of our own, all on Gov. Jerry Brown’s watch. State Sen. Leland Yee, D-San Francisco, was arrested on federal gun trafficking and corruption charges. Yee, a Democrat gun control nut, was allegedly selling rocket launchers to Muslim terrorists in the Philippines. Sen. Ron Calderon, D-Montebello, was indicted on charges of bribery and influence peddling. Sen. Roderick Wright, D-Inglewood, was convicted of perjury and voter fraud.
Feel free to add to the 50 Shades of Brown in the comments below. Some in the state say Jerry Brown came back to the governor’s office to finish the destruction he started back in the 1970’s. There is so much more. I’ve barely scratched the surface.